Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow

It has arrived. Winter has finally made its appearance in Utah valley. There are many reasons why I do not like living here, but the picture above says the thousand words about why I do. I love a Sunday morning when a blanket of fresh snow has fallen and no plows or shovelers have been out yet. I can sit on a chair with a warm beverage in hand and just enjoy the sight and gentle feeling of the stillness and silence of the world at peace. I enjoy watching the snow fall silently adding another layer to the soft blanket that encompasses the earth. Then the kids get up and the peace is shattered. I grab my shovel and head out the door, wearing a coat and a nice beard to keep me warm. I do not miss the days of working construction where the snow meant suffering the cold or starving the family. I like the view out the window, not the feel of the snow melting off the roof and down my neck. I would have been fine though, if the snow had arrived on a day that I did not have to go into the office.

3 comments:

Hansens said...

Where did you take that picture?

Ranee said...

Looks beautiful!

The Turkuman said...

Um, new post please.