Saturday, June 20, 2009

Those Tonsils are HUGE!!!!

OK, so the last week has been even more of an adventure than usual.

Our washer died like a month ago and we have been toting our laundry back and forth to one or the other of our parents for all of that time. It had become quite a pain, even though Dan's parents are close by and they let us use their machines. Last Saturday Dan and I went Washer and Dryer shopping. The first place we went was the Home Depot and we found the set we wanted and it was all on sale, but we thought we should shop around a little before making a decision. Megan had been gone to Girl's Camp for 5 days and we had to go pick her up and it was an all around busy day. Kyler was in the Summerfest parade and had to be delivered there, etc. So with the all of the busyness and the pain in my neck, I was pretty much had by the time dinner( which was yummy cheddar and broccoli soup than Dan made) came around I was really suffering. In the previous post written by me I gave details. It takes me a lot to go to any kind of ER care now. They never can find a problem and I get sent home crying without any help and being told I'm nuts. Sunday was a horrible day. I don't think I have ever had a day that I have felt that low. I really just didn't care for trying anymore. I had had enough.
One thing that the Insta care doctor mentioned to me was that I have extremely large tonsils. That they could be contributing in large part to my sleep problems, and therefore could be part of the larger problem with the paralysis, etc. He told me to look in to visiting an ENT. On Monday I saw the neurologist who of course told me that the tests I had done previously were normal. SURPRISE SURPRISE...NOT, anyway, I asked him as well and he said it might be worth looking into. In the mean time, I had a brain, heart, and neck ultra sound, and a tilt table test done. I feel as though I have lived in my car.
So I made an appointment with Dr. Riddle's Physician Assistant and went on Thursday. I went in to the room and she looked in my throat and said, "Those Tonsils are HUGE!!" "They're coming out, anything else?" They asked me a couple of question and it was determined that I will be having my very huge tonsils and the Uvula (The dangly thing in the back of your throat) will be taken out on Tuesday the 23rd of June.
Now, I have been trying to have my tonsils removed since I was in the 4th grade when my adenoids were removed. No one is sure why they didn't take both, but whatever. It's amazing to me that after all of the years of begging, I didn't even have to say anything to this doc. I have a small part of me that thinks that this may solve many of the current problems, but I also understand that it may just cure one. I am keenly aware of the pain that is coming and can only pray that it will be minimal and I will recover quickly. I am starting to get a little nervous, but trying to be a big girl and deal with it.
My hope is that things will go smoothly and I will be able to do some of the things I haven't been able to for a long time. Like singing high notes.
Thanks to all of you who continue to read this blog and show care and concern for me and my family.
~Christy

5 comments:

Sean Bauer said...

Best of luck! I'll bring you some popsicles...

Sean Bauer said...

Oops Christy, it's Heidi, didn't realize Sean was still signed it...

Brenda said...

Hopefully this will help some. I wish you the best of luck with surgery and recovery.

Hansens said...

thanks guys.

Family Blog said...

I'll be praying for your surgery tomorrow!