Sunday, June 7, 2009

Just Random Thoughts


Today is my parents 53rd anniversary. While it seems like 53 years is a very long time, my parents seem to have done it in such a way that it looks like an easy thing. This picture is of them at their wedding. They were married in 1956. I think it's great to be able to look back at these pictures and see things like this. They look very happy and with all of their lives ahead of them. I am told that I look just like my mother. I do see some resemblance.
A more recent picture (I couldn't find one on my computer more recent. I think this is like 1991)

The picture above is of a more recent time. I wish I had a more recent one on my computer but oh well. Now my parents have 23 Grandchildren + their spouses and significant others and 11 Great-Grand Children. One was just born this past Thursday. His name is Rylan D. Casper, the son of Rickey and Erica.

I look at the picture of them at their wedding, and then type this information of their posterity, I wonder if they had any idea that they would have this family. The headaches of losing a child and watching their other children go through difficulties. It amazes me and I think it shows how dedicated and loving they are to each other and their family. We all have our normal life challenges and struggle at times, but we are all pretty happy and well grounded. We now all live within 30 miles of Mom and Dad and get together at least once a month. Hopefully they feel proud of what they have accomplished.

So this turns me to Dan and I...

Obviously this is a picture of Dan and I at our wedding. So much ahead of us. Looking happy and dreaming of the life that is to come. Not knowing where we would be and how things would turn out, but determined to love each other and get through things together.

So now it is 2009...


The picture seen here was taken in February of this year. We are a little bigger and older, but I am happy to look at it and see happiness. Dan and I are going to be celebrating our 20th anniversary this year. The 53 years mentioned above for my parents doesn't seem so unreachable anymore. Dan and I have been through some pretty rough things, and continue to experience them, but we are very strongly bonded together and hope to show our children that we are. We have contributed 4 of the above mentioned grandchildren. We have none of our own since our oldest is only 15 but look forward to this in the future. I know that the teaching and examples of both of our parents have helped us to be able to make it through some pretty tough times. Who would have thought we would have the challenges of special needs children and our own health. We keep enduring, even though sometimes we forget the rewards at the end, and our love for each other and our family is what brings us through. I hope that our family will enjoy spending time together when they all have their own families as well. Thanks for the example !
~Christy

2 comments:

Christensen's said...

You two do look very happy together! Time goes by so fast. I can't believe I have a four year old. I am sure it is hard for you to believe that you have a son that can drive! You have a beautiful family! I think Kyler looks a lot like Dan from your wedding picture!

Ranee said...

Yeah...posterity is a pretty awesome thing! Pete and I are excited to watch our kiddo's grow up together and we are excited to see them have their own families someday!... ( I don't want them to grow up too fast!):0) Zoie has told me she wants to do foster care and adopt kids! That makes me smile! :0)