Tuesday, June 2, 2009

More Tests...FINALLY!!

Well, I visited yet another neurologist yesterday. He was actually very good to me. He has reassured me that this is a physiological problem and that he will do his best to find it. He said that he could tell by looking at me that something is wrong with me structurally. I have been begging for docs to redo some tests forever. They say they were done once and that's enough. My argument has been that things change in 2-3 years. This doc suggested that some of them be done again to see if things have changed. Ahhhhhhhh, this is so good to hear. Even if he can't find whatever is wrong, I will know he tried. It has been unbearable being told that there is no problem so it must be psychological. I may be trying to deal with a lot of stress and not always doing it the best way, but I would ask, "who in my position would?"
So to continue my quest for answers, tomorrow morning I am going to have another nerve conduction test. For those of you who are not familiar with this, it's the one that they stick needles in you and then send an electrical shock through them. It is to see how the nerves react to the stimulation. Not my favorite thing, but if I must do it to help find out how to get better, then so be it. Also, it helps to prove to the docs that I am really sick, not faking it. I don't think even some one who was would put themselves through this.
On Friday, I will be having an EEG. This test is one that you have to be sleep deprived, so Thursday will be an all night er, and then they stick electrodes all over your head and flash lights and stuff to see if you have seizures and stuff. Also to see how dizzy it makes you, etc. This one isn't too bad, but Dan will be snapping pictures of me looking like an alien and then probably post them on here and Facebook. LUCKY ME!!
Also, I have had a bunch of blood tests. This doc is being very thorough. This makes me happy. I am quite nervous that everything will come back "normal" and we'll be back at square one again. The sickness Nicole and Alta came found that I blogged about previously is still a possibility. The doc said he won't rule that out as it really fits, but that he wants to be positive it isn't something else, or in addition.
It's so nice to have a doctor who is taking this seriously. He is aware that I have been turned away and all of the goings on of the past almost 3 years and actually believes me. He isn't the most personable guy, but I don't care. He can be the orneriest straight faced guy in the world. If he helps me, he's the man. I also have the Neuro Psychologist that will back me up with a Neuro psychological disorder in addition. His comments are that the psychological didn't cause the sickness, but has become a symptom of it. If I have to rely on the psych diagnosis to get things pushed through I will, but I know in my heart, and now I have more than one doc that knows I have a real physiological problem. This is hopefully the road to finding the answers to the past several years of my life.
I know I don't succeed much on doing this, but I am really trying to be optimistic about things. It's very hard some days but I do have a little bit of hope now. Trying to see an end to all of this is a challenge. I hope that things will continue to improve for me and my family. Many in our home are struggling, but I am trying to understand the lessons that need to be learned.
I hope that our friends and family will continue to want to be with us. I know it's hard sometimes, but we all need each other for support in good and bad times. That's what it's all about right?
~Christy

7 comments:

4crazyboys said...

I'm glad he was weird but helpful...LOL! Jackie

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

I am so glad he listened and is willing to do more tests. I hope you can get some answers soon but if not, we will have a fundraiser and send you to the Mayo Clinic!

Family Blog said...

Woot! About time!!!

Brenda said...

I am really happy for you to. Hopefully you will get some answers from all of this.

Hansens said...

Thanks you guys. I have been reading my medical records and crying. You should see some of the things that have been said about me. No wonder people don't take me seriously.

Ranee said...

We are praying SO hard for you! Keep up posted! Glad you found someone who is listening!

Christensen's said...

I hope they can find out what is wrong. Good luck with the testing. If there is ever anything we can do, we would love to help!