Tuesday, April 14, 2009

More Tests and Doctors

OK, so I know tha last post wasn't so pretty. Something that needed to be said though. There are some things that people need to know that are going on. After doing this, I found that there are more people than previously thought that have gone through some of the things as far as acceptance that we have here in the recent past. I am sad that others have had to deal with so much judgemant and non acceptance. This is not the way things are supposed to be in the place they call "Zion". With that said, I will try and stay off of that soap box for a little while anyway.
Tomorrow I am going to see a doctor name John Foley. He specializes in MS and other rare neurological issues. I have been on a downhill slide for months now again, and things are finally culminating together and doctors are realizing that this is real. None of them can figure it out yet, but at least they are admitting that it is real and it's not in my head.
On Sunday night, after having felt terrible all day, I finally checked my blood pressure. I checked it on one arm and got a reading of 227/196, shocked that this could not possibly be correct, I took it on the other arm for comparison. Got a reading of 197/162. At this point, Dan said "We are going to the insta care to have this varified and hopefully it's not correct". My BP has always been very good except when it is just before I have one of these "strokes". Also, I have been put on BP meds to control headaches. Seems like they aren't helping much huh? I haven't been able to walk very well for several weeks and by the time I got to the doc, my hand and arm were swollen and losing function as well. Also it was hard to hold my head up and my vision as blurred. They took my BP there and as always, it wasn't that hi anymore, but the doc was very concerned and almost admitted me to the hospital. After much conversation and explaining to the doc that there is no one around here that will help me, he sent me home with a stern recommendation that I see a doc out of UT county. This doctor was wonderful. He reported exactly the same things in the computer that he told me, which hasn't happened very often, and he reassured me that this was a serious problem that is not caused by stress or in my head.
Yesterday I went to the doc I have seen since the first problem. He is a physical medicine/rehab doc. He had sent me for an MRI last week and I was there to get results. Of course they showed "Nothing" as they always do, but he also encouraged getting another opinion and was so sweet in saying that you can't fake swelling and other things that I have. He is starting me in some kind of therapy that is supposed to help with the dizziness. I hope it helps. I can't drive any longer and can barely walk from room to room. Doesn't help that my leg is weak as well. I appreciate that this doc is FINALLY validating the problem as well. I wasn't crazy when this all started but have been feeling like I am close to being that way now. Validation is HUGE!!
Anyway, I had better go now, as my hand and arm are starting to swell again. I ask for your support and thoughts on my and my family's behalf. I am trying not to put all my stock on this doc, but hoping that he will be able to finally find a way to help me. Thanks to all of you who have said nice things and showed concern on our behalf.
~Christy

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Validation is a must! I am grateful that the doctors are listening now. I do hope that you will find something to help soon!

Unknown said...

I am SO glad that you are going to see Dr. Foley! He is the best! He helped my sister's friend when it seemed like there was no hope and everyone thought she was crazy. Good luck tomorrow. He also took great care of Cameron. We will be praying for you.

-Nicole

4crazyboys said...

Finally!!!!