Thursday, April 23, 2009

Don't Like the Weather In Utah...Wait 15 Minutes

OK, so this is what it looked like outside exactly one week ago. We got anywhere from 6 to 12 inches depending on your location in the city. Really it shouldn't have been any big surprise that this happened. Spring in Utah is very unpredictable, except in the sense that you can predict weirdness.


This past winter has not really been any worse than recent winters, but it really did seem to drag on and became to many of us a long, cold, dark winter. People around here have been really hoping for Spring to come. However, Spring does make one think of April showers (Rain showers) that are supposed to bring may flowers right? Hmm, seems that Mother Nature has lost it!!


Those are flowers aren't they?? Just thinking something looks fundamentally wrong here.



So in comparison...






This is today. The same picture as the one above. Looks a little different doesn't it? Dan always says if you don't like the weather in Utah, wait 15 minutes. It is supposed to be in the 80's here today. I told you, Mother Nature has lost it. Chances are that it will at least rain in the next few days. Not only is this the forecast, my meteorological body is telling me so. We'll wait and see.
This picture is where we used to live. The yard is so pretty. Look at that green grass. Never mind the yellow grass at the bottom of the pic. Dan has been busy and I can't go do yard work like I have in the past. I have been one that loves to do the yard work and prides myself on having a gorgeous yard, Dan is as well, but the last couple of years have been hard on us, so our poor yard has suffered. Hopefully I will be posting a comparison pic of our yard soon. I have capable children, but they aren't interested in doing yard work right now.
Well, I just wanted to post something that was on a lighter note than the past few have been. I am feeling better right now than I have for the past few weeks. All I can do is hope that this upswing continues. I am still not backed away from that wall totally, but have it in reverse, trying my best to do it. Thanks to those of you who have made phone calls and comments to let me know you are thinking of me. It helps more than you know.
~Christy

2 comments:

Family Blog said...

Dang kids! They should be born loving to help around the house!

Ranee said...

That weather is seriously crazy! I am glad to hear things are on an uphill swing for now! Keep us posted! :0)