Monday, January 12, 2009

Randomness


This is Buddy. He has lived with us and been part of our family for 5 years now. He is a very loyal dog. I don't know what I would have done without him during some of the recent trials for me personally. He listens and doesn't judge or tell me what I have to correct in myself, he just loves me the way I am. He has been a little upset with Dan and I lately, we did the worst thing you could do to a dog, we brought a cat in the house. He still can't believe it and lets us and the cat know regularly. All in all he is a great dog. If we were to ever leave here, he would be going with us. He is part of the family.

This is Tazzy, the cat mentioned before. This pic was taken right after we got him. He was tiny. I got over my eye swelling shut the day we got him and now I just deal. I think my body adjusted. He is properly named as he is absolutely crazy. We find him in all sorts of places. He tries very hard to play with Bud, but Bud will just growl a very soft growl at him and walk away. Poor thing. He likes to snuggle and purr with both Dan and I. The kids wonder why he won't sit with them. One would wonder if it's the constant throwing him around and fighting over him. He would be along with us as well as he is also a part of the family

This is Jake. I believe this pic was taken the day that he had oral surgery and he was not very happy. He is one that usually has a nice goof on when a camera is aimed toward him. He really did a good job that day, he never did complain about any pain or anything. He was just ornery because of the anesthesia. Not long after this pic was taken he was out building things in the snow with Max. I think they would spend all their time together if they were allowed. Oh well, every now and then he has to come home to his own family. Poor guy.


This would be a pic of Megan's new guitar she got for Christmas in her room. I find it to look just as a 13 year old girls room would. Jonas Brothers on the wall and all kind of other boys, I think Zack Efron is there somewhere, I can't remember the others. She now has a book on how to play a guitar and is attempting to learn how to play it. Maybe she will be more likely to practice the guitar than she has her flute.
I remember the pics on my wall were of John Stamos and Duran Duran, oh and my buddy Jon Bon Jovi. You'll have to ask Dan about Jon. We were very close. Scary thoughts huh!!

This is a rare photo of Kyler with almost a smile on his face. I am thinking that it is because we got Guitar Hero World Tour for Christmas as a family gift and he was showing his skills on the drums. He will probably be very mad at me for posting this. Quite honestly, I think it's a miracle that whoever took this picture made it out in one piece and with the camera. It was probably Jake. He's the only one fast enough to get away. Just know that this is a treat that you all got to see an almost smile. It may not happen again for a very long time. PS-Kyler, you know I'm teasing you right?
This is Aubree. It looks like she is standing in Megan's room. She got the hat she is wearing for Christmas and I don't think she has removed it since. It was one of those things that when we were shopping we walked by them and Dan stopped and said that "Aubree would die for this hat". I guess he was right, I think we could have gotten away with getting her nothing else. I think it's possible that she wears it to bed. Aubree is the anything that makes me beautiful girl. It's all about how she looks with her.


Well, since I posted the dog and cat first, I am sure I will get the lecture about "Well we can see what not who is on the top of your list", I am going to go one step further and not post any pics of Dan or I. Really, you don't need to see us. We are trying to move along with the next steps in our life and make the best decisions we can. Things are changing quickly for us, sometimes faster than we can handle, but hopefully the changes that are being made are for the best, because that is what we strive for to take care of our family. Answers to questions seem to be coming lately and hopefully more are on their way. All we can do is our best and hope for the best.


I hope this posting finds you all happy and well.

~Christy






3 comments:

scrambled brains said...

Hi Christy--
Thank you for your comment and kind offer on my blog today. It is hard to let others take care of us, and because I always give people the advice to accept help when it's offered, I'll take you up on the chicken noodle soup! It's humbling to be on the receiving end, but without receivers there can be no givers, right?
I like your family centered posts lately; what kid (or person for that matter) doesn't love being talked about in a positive way? It makes them feel so good!

Ranee said...

Christy~
I enjoy reading your posts so much, because I love hearing about your family and your pets and I can appreciate the way you go with the flow about things! Pete and I were talking today about the word Serendipty. (Something mentioned on the Glenn Beck Program today). Serendipity is having the ability to go where life takes you and find joy in the journey! I admire your ability to do this! I think that I am pretty good at too! I consider myself one of the lucky people in this world who stops to smell the roses and hold my kiddo's and leave a load of laundry to be folded later if I need to! Serendipity rocks!

Christensen's said...

You have good kids!