Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Day


This morning, I with probably most of the rest of the world, watched as a new President was inaugurated. As I watched this happening, my emotions overflowed. Believe me, I have not always been on the "Obama Bandwagon". Dan spent many months trying to convince me of the qualities that he carries. Dan picked him as the next president way before the election even started.
I have had a very hard time getting past some of the moral issues that President Clinton brought in to the spotlight. I was angry when Mitt Romney was run out because of his religion, but was I doing the same by judging the others? This question gave me a lot to think about. I hadn't thought about the fact that I was outwardly doing that. I am not one who likes to judge. I do still believe that Mitt Romney would be someone who has the knowledge of how to pull us out of the financial horror that our country is in, but I have paid very close attention to President Obama for the last few months and I truly do feel that he is the man who is supposed to be our leader. The pictures I saw today of all of the people at the inauguration where just amazing. I was brought to tears(I seem to get taken there a lot lately), there were people on the roofs of building surrounding the Capitol, people for as far as the eye could see, and they were of every race, religion, and background. I listened to the reports afterward and there were no reports of violence. I HAVE NOT FELT THIS MUCH PEACE AND UNITY AS A COUNTRY SINCE SEPTEMBER 11th 2001 ! I remember that day very well. It was unnerving and scary for some time, but the unity that followed was amazing. I truly believe that unity is the key for prosperity in this country. I am aware, as I am sure our president is aware that we have our work cut out for us, but I believe him to be a man of his word.

I have a small place in my heart for the outgoing president. While I think he made some pretty big mistakes, I do believe that he did the best he could and has been judged harshly in some cases; however, the buck did stop at him and he should take responsibility for them. I do wish him and his family good things in their lives.








So now "We the People" have out work cut out for us. We have to be proactive in helping to make our country reach the place we all hope for. My hope is much the same as that of President Obama. This being that we should unite and stop the separation and the big politics between Republicans and Democrats. I have blogged about this in the past. The one titled Why Can't We Be More Like Cats and Dog's?. This has been a huge thing for me. I don't claim either party, but my loyalty lies with whom I feel is the better person.


I was pleased to see the first President Bush and Barbara wearing purple scarves that they wore today, to tell the world that there is no red or blue, but purple. I think that was classy.

I am hopeful today that this change is bringing a new beginning and that we are embarking on times of prosperity and goodness. It will no doubt take time, but if we all work together good things will happen.



Happy Inauguration Day !
~Christy
PS- I couldn't get my pics aligned the way I wanted, so just use your imagination :-)

1 comment:

4crazyboys said...

Even though I wasn't a big fan of either canidate I have really come to like him. T of course has heard all kinds of bad things about him, and refuses to see the good. All we can do is give him a chance. I just cried when I read his letter to his daughters. With heart like that, how bad can he be?
I liked President Bush, and voted for him both times. I know that he could have done better...but he also had a rough start. 9-11 was the worst day that any president could have. I don't blame him for this country's over sending. I do believe this country has been in deep depression and tried to feel better by spending money that we never had! Here's to a new day and a new future for us all!