Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kyler

This is Kyler. Many of you have never met him. He is one that doesn't like his picture taken and I will probably be in BIG trouble with him because of posting this pic. This is a self portrait. Oh well.

Kyler has struggled for most of his life, trying to fit in socially. He has a unique personality. Many want to think that he is erogant and that he likes to stretch the truth, which would be easy to think, but the real truth is that he is a sweet kid that would give the shirt off his back to help someone. Finally yesterday we were given some hope to be able to help him get through some of these struggles. Although he isn't sure yet, this is hopefully going to be a life changing thing for him. He has suffered for most of his life with not being able to get a restful nights sleep or to be able to keep his body sitting still. Which could drive anyone crazy, or make them extrememly onery. His nick name at school and on all of the teams he's on is Twitch, because of this. He thinks it's cool, which I have to commend him for doing. He is taking it in stride. I am reluctant to release the diagnosis on this site, only because of it being open to anyone. His privacy does matter.

I just realized he would be very angry with me for using the "enemy" color while talking about him. Now I have changed it to a more proper color. I have to remember these things in order to try and keep a semi happy home.

Previously I mentioned that Kyler would give the shirt off his back for anyone, this pic here is of him cleaning shingles off a person in our ward's house.He was up and over there at 6 AM. He will gripe about it, but would never actually not go because he would feel bad.Recently he has been pushing cars out of the snow. One thing that I have noticed is that he waves at EVERYONE he sees, whether he knows them or not. He has a big heart and is actually very friendly, I just wish others knew how great he really is. We are very proud of his want to be of service.

My hope is that soon Kyler will be able to see that we love him and only want the best for him, that he will realize his own worth and be able to move on with his life and gain some confidence and get new friends that truly care about him and understand why he is the way he is. I hope that he understands the importance of school and that he is a smart person and that school is the best easiest way to further his athletic aspirations. He is a very good athlete and could play any sport he tries, but is cut short many times because of the lack of focus on school. I am hoping big things for him in the future. I hope he is as well.

Ok, I had better stop now so as to not embarass him too much. I just wanted to give him some kudos for being a good kid.


~Christy

No comments: