Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hoping For the Best

This pic was taken as the ship was leaving Mazatlan. We had just spent the day on the beach with our new friends. It is probably the most relaxed I have been for a VERY long time.

Well, here I am at almost 1 AM still not sleeping....Again, but I am sure that it is because I am a little wound up. Tomorrow is the doctors appointment I have been waiting for for a while now. I don't have a lot of trust or faith in most doctors anymore. I have been passed off by too many of them. I am really hoping that this doctor lives up to the good things I have heard about him. I have heard only good things. He is a Neurologist, one I haven't seen or heard of him before and am told he is new to the area. I have been doing as many proactive things as I can lately, in the hopes that I won't just lay down and not get up again. This is actually a very real struggle for me some days. Just coming to grips with these problems is enough to push me to me limit, and does regularly.

I went to the gym on Monday and re-joined my water aerobics class. The instructor is great and was very happy to see me. I told her of my last few weeks and she showed some things I could do that would force movement of my arm without me having to actually move it. It combined with the 20 minutes in the hot tub I think really helped. I was born and raised in Orem, UT and spent a winter in Waukegan, Ill., but as I look back, and as I have told many people, the weather has really affected me even since I was younger. I never knew how to describe it other than whenever the barometric pressuer changes, I start having problems. I know, I'm an "Odd Duck" (I have actually had a doctor call me that) I have had 2 days of function since the gym, but am realizing that as I am typing now, it isn't going to go on much longer.

I ask a favor of all of you, and you probably already are, but please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers. There is a lot of unknown in our lives right now. In a previous blog it was mentioned of a possible move to St. George. We are in the "Waiting Phase" with that, with the doc and my diagnosis, and some other things. There is nothing better than family and friends caring about us during these times. We have had a lot of them lately and you are what has pulled us through.

~Christy

3 comments:

Ranee said...

Lots of praying going on here! We think of you guys all the time and we know that Heavenly Father is mindful of you, even if it doesn't always feel like He remembers you! He does! We will pray that this new doctor knows what to do to help you and that you can understand with a surety, by the spirit, the things that you are to do and the diagnosis you are given!

Love,
Ranee and Pete and kiddo's

Brenda said...

I hope things went well at the doctors. And if nothing else brings you peace of mind. We are thinking about you too.

Nicole B. said...

Hang in there Christy! I know that things will work out for you somehow. Your family has been through so much, it's time for something good!