Thursday, July 2, 2009

An Update

So I just thought I would pop in and say that we are doing ok for this minute. Life isn't ever easy for us it seems, but we are moving along.

We are not sure whether Dan is going to have his knee surgery on the 9th or not, but we will see. I really hate places that claim to be non-profit, but hold your health hostage if you can't pay up front. Anyway, off that soap box.

Many decisions are in process of being made here. We are still waiting for Social Security to make some kind of determination, but things are seemingly coming together and looking somewhat in my favor. I never let my hope get out of hand though. Reality stinks when I am not prepared for it.

The move to St. George is still a possibility, different circumstances than a month or two ago, but nevertheless another decision to be made. All but one of the kids have decided that they want to give it a shot and move. They weren't coaxed or anything. It's nice to see them thinking about things and taking their decisions seriously. Stay tuned for more information on this.



Megan and Aubree both went to the Atoa Volleyball camp. Sam Atoa is the coach of the UVU volleyball team. They enjoyed themselves a lot. They both got cool shirts and UVU volleyballs. We are happy to see our girls getting involved in things.

Kyler continues to be involved with training for football. He is starting to look pretty tough. He will be on the sophmore football team at Mountain View High School this year, providing we are still here. He recently got a job working at the McKay Center at UVU. He is really excited. He did this pretty much on his own. He had to submit and app and interview and everything. We are really proud of the determination Kyler has shown lately to move forward with his life. Especially after the year he has had.

Jake is still adjusting to life without Max here. He has spent a few days with him, but finds himself not knowing what to do with himself. He will be starting tackle football in a few weeks. He is really excited.



Dan and I are just trying to get through tough times and make decisions that we feel are best for our family. I am doing my best to heal and Dan is doing his best to keep things together and moving along. It can't be easy for him to have to take on everything because I am down. He is tired and beat down, but he is strong and doing a great job.

Hopefully Dan will post again soon. I told him that he needs to post more so people don't get sick of me.

1 comment:

Family Blog said...

Decisions, decisions! Good luck with those. *hugs*