Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's Been 20 Years and we Still Like Each Other



Today is Dan and I's 20th wedding anniversary. It is hard to believe that it has been this long since we got married. It only makes sense, we are getting older and have teenage children, I guess that how it works. I have been thinking all day long what I might say in this post. I am a sap when it comes to things like this. I also don't believe paths cross by accident.



On July 8th 1989, when I was 16 years old, I married my soul mate. Yes, we are different in so many ways, but we complete each other. Dan was is and always will be my very best friend and soul mate. We were meant to be together. I am happy that he wrecked my sister's car so that we could become friends and then best friends and then husband and wife and mom and dad. (sorry for the run on sentence, I told you I am a sap) I believe Dan was a rebelious teenager so as to be able to meet me, even if it was by "accident" ! Although we have been to there and back, we have worked through things together and found "our" way to live our lives. Marrying him was the best decision I have ever made.









Fast Forward to today, July 8th 2009. (The pic was in February). Yes, we are a little bigger and a little slower. But if you look in our eyes in this picture, you will see the same love and joy as the previous one. We are still in love and I would say more in love than we could have imagined. Life has handed us many challenges, but we are bonded in a way that is strong and unbreakable. I am amazed at how lucky I am to have found him. Together we have conquered and accomplished much and created the family we hoped for.


I Love You Dan. Here looking at 20 more and an eternity !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm so late in saying so, but

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!