Thursday, February 19, 2009

Oh the memories

Recently, Dan and I both found old pictures. Dan has been scanning and facebook posting like a crazy man, but I just found some this morning. It's somewhat scary to see some of these, but it is our past and we did actually look like that. We were definitely in the 80's decade. Anyway, here goes. Hopefully I can name and date most of them. Don't laugh too hard.




This picture of me is just before the Sweetheart Ball 1988. THis was the first official school dance that Dan asked me to. It's really cute how I was asked. You might all think it's corny, but I found it endearing. Dan was working at the McDonalds down on BYU campus. He was a delivery guy, (They dielivered there, it's true) any way, He asked me to the dance on the back of one of those tray liners from McD's. I still have it. In my memory box.



Gotta love the huge glasses and the hair. However, look how skinny I was !




There were many dances in between, these are the pics I chose to post this time.


This was Junior Prom 1989. Just one or two days before Dan went to boot camp. I love this picture of Dan. This prom was at the state capitol and it was really cool. Getting there and home safely was certainly an adventure. We almost drove over tire rippers in his mom's brand new car, went the wrong way down a one way street. We made it though, and now we still have memories.


Our friends Shannon and Stephen were also there with us but aren't in this picture.








These are our engagement pictures. My uncle took them. It was really fun. Gotta love the cuff in the pants and Dan's mullet.


My uncle died a few years ago. I miss him.




My uncle also took our wedding pictures. Somehow we never got a picture of just Dan and I on our wedding. This one is a photo that had Stephen - the best man, and Shawna - the Maid of Honor in it and we cropped them off.



Had the 80's fluff and feather. The zipper on my dress came open during the reception, my cake melted, and my garter fell off my leg on the way back down the aisle. It was quite the day, but a very good one, and certainly one to remember.











This is one of my very favorite pictures. It was taken not long after we got married. Yes, I have big hair, but look at my blonde haired blue eyed Dan. MM MM MM.










There are many more pics I could post, but I will save them for another time. I have pics from when I was a baby and family pics and everything. Sooooo excited.



6 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing. I love looking at old pictures and thinking about all the memories they bring.

Holly said...

Those are hilarious pictures Christy!! I absolutely love the prom picture the best! That pink dress is to die for!! I loved looking at your old photos and laughing at the funny 80's styles. Thanks for sharing!

Hansens said...

Hey, Mullets were cool man!! Like "Totally Awsome" !

My wallpaper is the engagement picture as well.

Hansens said...

Holly,

I still have that dress. Have toted it around from place to place for 20 years. It was made by my neighbor and it had a high collar for Senior Ball and I took off the collar for the prom. I love that dress. Everyone that I know who could fit in it has used it for something.

Ranee said...

Cute pics! yes...I LOVE the cuff in the pants for your engagement picture! The stuff that happend at your wedding had me totally crackin' up! Gotta' love memories! I should look through my memory box and show you the picture of the dress I begged my mo to make me for the Christmas formal...yeah...sleeves that were bigger than my head! What was I thinking?

Ranee said...

Okay, MOM! My mom made the dress, not my mo! :0)