Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Random Thoughts While Not Sleeping.....Again

Today was an interesting day. I have been fighting a migraine for several days now and have pretty much given up ever getting rid of it. I know, bad attitude. I either sleep a lot or not at all, I guess tonight is a not at all. Trying to emotionally get through life right now is not all it's cracked up to be.


About 10 days ago we got a kitten. While I love him to death, he thinks I should be awake at 6 AM, and somehow tells time and literally kicks me in the face in the morning when it is time to get up. I actually find it very cute, but he is lucky he is furry and soft and cute, or I might not take it so well. Plus, if he didn't wake me up, the dog would, so I guess it's good for me, this way I am awake when the older kids leave for school. I have had a really hard time getting up early since I was in the hospital a couple of years ago. It's like my body just thinks its not necessary to get up. Enough about that.



I have been searching for almost a year for a teacher I had in grade school. A couple of weeks ago when I had almost given up, I was searching through facebook on a night like tonight and just thought that I should give it a shot on there. I did not find him, but found a woman that I thought might be his daughter. I had babysat for these people and remembered some of thier names. Turns out that she was his daughter and she gave me the information to contact him. This teacher had a very profound affect on me. I had some great teachers in grade school, but this one was special. He used to tell me how bright I was and how he wished I would realize it. I did not have very good self esteem when I was young, and still fight it now. But I have never forgotten being told that I was "Bright and Beautiful" by this particular teacher. I really don't think he knows how much that meant to me. I am so thankful for finally finding him so I could thank him for being a positive and caring force in my life. I feel like I was supposed to find him because it was so easy once I looked in the right place. Now I can check off another thing that I have been needing to do. I am really happy that we have the electronic age. I have been finding and talking to many people who I haven't seen in years lately.



OK, enough ranting for tonight.

Christy




No comments: