Saturday, May 16, 2009

Y Hike






Kyler, Megan, Aubree, Jake, Jake's friend Caden, Aubree's friend Katie, Megan's friend Kamrie, and I hiked up to the top of the Y. For those who are not local, there is a large Y on the mountain above Byu, and there is a well maintained trail that leads up to it. More Here. We left the house about 7, picked up a few friends, and headed up to the mountain. There are 10 turns that take you to the bottom of the Y and 12 that take you to the top. I figure, if you are going to do it, you might as well go all the way, so we went to the top. The first 2 switchbacks are the furthest away from each other, and I thought that I was going to die before I made it to the first turn. I have been up this trail a few times last year, but this is the first time this year. I thought that it was quite an accomplishment for all of us, and I even beat Kyler to the top. There was a woman who went up and back 3 times while we did it once, but I am trying not to let that make me feel bad. I made it, and that is all that matters.

-Dan

2 comments:

scrambled brains said...

Cool! I've always wanted to do that, maybe I'll try...

Ranee said...

That sounds like so much fun! The weather there looks beautiful!